A1 Lab are making available to you testing for Covid 19 to establish if you currently have the virus. By completing this online enrolment, you hereby provide consent to participate in the COVID-19 test, and are agreeing to:
- Provide a sample taken by swab from the nasal and throat areas.
- Secure processing of your personal information (limited to that listed below) by us and third party data processors to facilitate the service.
- The result of your test, positive or negative, to be reported to Public Health England (a mandatory requirement of testing), who may contact you to conduct track and trace actions.
The PCR antigen test can produce a number of outcomes:
- A negative result indicates that you are not shedding the virus at the current time.
- A positive result indicates that you are actively infective and will be required to self-isolate for the minimum number of days as directed by the UK Government.
- In the event that the sample is taken incorrectly it is also possible your result will be recorded as failed, and a re-test will be required in this circumstance.
You are giving permission to have a PCR test which involves:
- Taking a swab from the back of the throat and from inside of the nose with the same sample. This may induce the gag reflex but should not be painful.
- Then placing the same swab gently inside one nostril and gently wiping around the inside of the nose.
following the sample collection, placing the swab in the collection tube and sending it to a laboratory for analysis. The result will usually be available within 48 hours from when the sample is received by the laboratory.
- As with any medical test, the potential for a false positive or false negative COVID-19 test result.
- Mobile phone number
- Date of Birth
- Test sample
- Test result
As the test results constitute “sensitive” personal data (it relates to your health) we need to record your consent to using this service.